Friday, May 11, 2012

Project 3, Research point

For this research I decided to use this hand knit sweater which was made for my daughter Jacque when she was 3 years old. We pronounced her name as 'Jackie', but we used an unorthodox spelling for it: Jacque. So every where and every time we had to spell her name because people wrote it wrong. A friend of us had the solution for this: a home knitted sweather with her name on it.
The sweater was made late 1991 early 1992. It was knit on a knitting machine using acrylic yarns. I can tell this because all the stitches are the same size. Hand knitting shows more irregularities. Plus the sweater was finished in a day. The pink is a very girly pink, but Jacque loved that color even though she was not a 'girly' girl. As it is a sweater, it was worn as long as it fitted her.
This sweater has an emotional value for me. Jacque loved it and it is one of the few clothes I kept. My daughter died when she was 7 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment