Sunday, April 22, 2012

project 3, stage 3, exercise 3

Starting point for this exercise was a detail of a photo of pansies The idea was not to copy this photo, but to mix paint and create the same colors as shown in the photo. This is what I came up with:

I am satisfied with the green and the yellos, but the purple gave me problems. I used acrylic paints for this exercise and I only have one red and two blue. This makes the variety of purple I can create limited. And the result I got is proof that I need another red to achieve this purple.
If for instance you compare the green of this exercise - made with brilliant blue (a light blue) and primary yellow and the much darker green of the previous exercise -  made with aquamarine blue (a medium blue) and primary yellow, you see how much difference a light or a dark color can make.

1 comment:

  1. good colors, I can see where another red might work is all so very interesting