Tuesday, August 21, 2012

decision has been made

This blogpost is a difficult one for me. I love to take classes to extend my knowledge of all fiber related subjects and I was really happy when I found OCA. However I discovered that the method which is compulsary for these OCA courses does not work for me. To be honest, instead of growing in my art I feel very restricted in what I am allowed to do, even to the point of suffocating. I have given this a lot of thought and came to the conclusion that it is better for me to stop with the official part of this course. Yes, I am fully aware of the importance of sketchbooks for some people, but this is only one method of learning and this method does not work for me. I will continue working through part 3, 4 and 5 and I will post my results on this blog, but just as a record of personnel growth. I will not continue in filling the sketchbooks and I will not be sending in material for official assessments.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear you are giving up but I so understand too I joined OCA many years ago before they started the degree course - felt very restricted doing Textiles 1 so gave up and went down the City and guilds x 6 route. I also started the HND with a local college until that course was closed due to cuts. It feels really diffucult to progress with the education route for textiles and not feel so restricted. I love your work and will keep watchign what you do.

    ReplyDelete